Friday, December 10, 2010

Holiday Hoopla!!

Dear Teacher;

Please surprise me with something fun this week, something that will take my mind off the fact that Santa doesn't come to my house in  a big way.  Help me to see the magic of the holiday because I don't have anyone at home to read bedtime stories to me, bake cookies with me or even to play with me over the long winter break.  Even though I don't always show it, I like school and YOU more than home.  I need something exciting to happen this week to keep my mind on my work and off my troubles.

Thank you for understanding my need for a little extra sleigh bell sound, a little extra hug, a little extra time with joy.  It's important to learn about this tradition  of giving even if it doesn't all make sense to me-tell me about it so I can grow up and make good family traditions of my own.

With warmest holiday wishes,
Your students

Two great clips are here:

The Polar Express (Lou Diamond Phillips reads this classic )
Twas the Night Before Christmas (a great video version)
A little elf told me 3rd grade did a fantastic reader's theatre of this book!!

Many exciting titles and movies are available in the library like this Q and A book, Mrs. Claus answers the real questions kids ask...which could be used as the beginning of a wonderful writing assignment!! 

Ho Ho Ho!!




1 comment:

  1. I have really enjoyed hearing the holiday books Mrs. Holt has been reading in the media center this week! It was fun to hear the Polar Express on the video and made me want to watch the entire movie.....

    Happy Holidays,
    Mrs. Wheeler

    ReplyDelete